- 1 lb brown rice, spelt, or kamut pasta
- 1/2 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 6 tbsp honey
- 5 tbsp tamari (natural wheat-free soy sauce)
- Fresh ginger, grated (to taste)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1/4 cup snowpeas
- 1/2 cup other vegetables (e.g. red peppers, broccoli or baby bok choy)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro or parsley
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup cashews, chopped
- Cook pasta al dente, rinsing well. Mix together the first seven ingredients and let marinate overnight or 3-4 hours in the fridge.
- The next day add the remaining seven ingredients.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Add cooked shrimp or chicken for more protein if desired. Great for pot lucks or family functions.
Adapted from Lee Royer