- 2 tsp Vegetable oil
- 2 Onions diced
- 4 cloves Garlic thinly sliced
- 2 cups Mock "chicken" pieces, torn into shreds or sub with tofu or tempeh
- 4 cups Green beans ends trimmed, cut in half
- 1 cup Boiling water
- 1 cup White rice uncooked
- 2 Bell peppers chopped
- 1/3 cup Sun-dried tomatoes in oil drained, chopped
- 1/3 cup Sodium-reduced soy sauce or sub with tamari
- 2 tsp Sambal oelek
- 1/2 cup Peanut butter
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 tbsp Sodium-reduced soy sauce or sub with tamari
- 1/2 Lime juiced
- 1 tsp Brown sugar lightly packed
- Add the mock chicken pieces. Continue to cook until lightly golden, about 5 minutes. Then transfer to a bowl.
- Returning the same pan to the heat, add the green beans and boiling water. Cover with a lid and cook at a gentle simmer for 7 minutes. The steam will cook the beans, even if they are not completely submerged.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the package instructions.
- Add all the ingredients for the peanut sauce to a food processor and blend until smooth*.
- Returning to the pan with the green beans, add the bell pepper, cover, and cook for another 5 minutes. It's okay if about 1 - 2 Tbsp of water remains at the end but if there is any excess beyond that, drain it.
- Add the onion and mock chicken mixture back into the pan, along with the sun-dried tomatoes, soy sauce, and sambal. Cook until heated through.
- Serve with rice, top with the peanut sauce, and enjoy!
* Alternatively, mix all of the ingredients in a bowl, with the garlic crushed in. Recipe by Pick Up Limes