This Thai Noodle Salad is delicious and loaded up with healthy veggies. Vegan and Gluten free, this make-ahead salad is perfect for midweek lunches or social gatherings.
- 6 oz dry noodles (brown rice noodles, pad thai style rice noodles, soba noodles, or linguini)
- 4 cup mix of red cabbage, carrots and radish, shredded or grated
- 1 red bell pepper finely sliced
- 3 scallions sliced
- 1/2 bunch bunch cilantro, chopped (or sub basil and mint)
- 1 tbsp jalapeño finely chopped
- 1/4-1/2 cup roasted, crushed peanuts (optional garnish)
Thai Peanut Sauce
- Cook pasta according to directions on package. Drain and chill under cold running water.
- Blend the Peanut Sauce while noodles are cooking. Blend the peanut sauce ingredients together using a blender until smooth.
- Place shredded veggies, bell pepper, scallions, cilantro and jalapeño into a serving bowl. Toss. Add the cold noodles to the serving bowl and toss again. Pour some peanut sauce over top and toss well to combine- no need to use all, just use enough to coat well. ( Save the extra sauce for any leftover salad-as it can soak up the sauce overnight.)
Noodles: If cooking pad thai style rice noodles, add the noodles to a pot of boiling water. Turn heat off, stir and let steep 2-3 minutes until tender, drain and run under cool water. Alternatively, pour boiling water over the noodles in a baking dish, let soak until softened, drain. Recipe by Feasting at Home