This fresh and juicy salad is a great summertime treat! It is extremely hydrating and makes a great side dish or light desert. Watermelon is an excellent source of the antioxidant lycopene which is considered an important cancer-protective nutrient.Limes add a citrusy zing and are an excellent source of vitamin C and phytochemicals like limonoids and flavonoids, making them an excellent part of any cancer-protective meal.
- 2 cups watermelon, chopped and skin removed
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped skin on
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- crumbled feta cheese
- Combine watermelon, cucumber and mint into a large bowl
- Pour lime juice over salad and mix gently