Potato & Red Lentil Soup
This protein-packed soup is freezer friendly, quick and easy!
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion diced
- 4 cups water
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube crushed
- 1 cup dry red or brown lentils rinsed
- 1 potato diced into 1 cm cubes
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- Add in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Partially cover with a lid and cook for 15 minutes, or until the lentils and potato are cooked through.
- Taste test, adding more salt and pepper if desired and add more water depending on how you like the consistency of your soup.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Store in the freezer for up to 2 months. Recipe by Pick Up Limes